How to find usdirections
Speakers » Jim Sullivan
Senior Vice President Strategy & Business Development, BIO-key, USA
Panel: Technology in the service of health
Fewer than 10% of hospitals in the US positively identify their patients before diagnosing and treating them. Health systems that have implemented modern identification tools, including biometrics, have greatly diminished patient misidentification. Despite this improvement in misidentification, identification tools are often not given budgetary priority or operational attention.
This panel, which is assembled from a range of differing perspectives, will address:
- The critical needs of the clinical workflow and how best the latest identity solutions can help address these needs;
- Perspectives from the patient, the provider, and from the technology enablers who make this possible.
- Raymond D. Aller M.D., Clinical Professor of Pathology, Emeritus, University of Southern California, USA
- Tom Karygiannis, VP Product, Kryptowire, USA
- Anna McCollister-Slipp, Chief Advocate for Participatory Research, Scripps Translational Science Institute, USA
Jim Sullivan is BIO-key's Senior Vice President of Global Sales, and a recognized expert in biometric authentication for consumer and mobile applications. In over 10 years at BIO-key, Jim has directly worked with dozens of BIO-key’s household name customers, including Microsoft, AT&T, LexisNexis, NCR and McKesson on large-scale biometric-centered identity management projects that interface daily with millions of corporate and consumer users.?Jim holds a Computer Science degree from Brown University, and has 24 years of experience in IT projects and implementation, 14 of them directly working with identity management solutions at BIO-key, Computer Associates, Platinum Technology, and Memco Software.